SUMMARY: Reporting to the Family Solutions Center (FSC) Regional Coordinator, the Data Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data entry into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). The Data Specialist will work with the FSC staff to ensure data integrity and will provide ongoing training and support on HMIS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist FSC staff with entering phone screenings and assessments into HMIS.
- Monitor and correct data quality for the FSC program.
- Ensure that all required program paperwork is completed and entered into the participant master file in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative and technical support to program staff.
- Complete monthly reports and documentation as required by Union Station Homeless Services and program funders.
- Review quarterly reports to ensure performance targets are being met.
- Ensure that program services are entered correctly in HMIS.
- Conduct monthly peer reviews and ensure that program checklists are being completed at entry and closure of program by staff.
- Compile data, based on families served, to complete time and effort logs for FSC staff.
- Serve as a liaison between Union Station and the City of Pasadena, LAHSA, and other funders in providing outcomes information.
- Evaluate records-management systems to develop new or improve existing methods for efficient handling, accuracy and consistency that can pass rigorous auditing standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Experience working with relational database systems.
- Experience in a social service setting desirable.
- Experience in research setting desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple database programs and generate a variety of specialized reports.
- Ability to maintain high degree of accuracy with statistics and banking procedures.
- Comprehensive problem solving & solution oriented capabilities, keen analytical skills.
- Possess valid California driver’s license and have access to properly registered vehicle