The Facilities Maintenance Technician assists with daily facility maintenance projects and provides needed repairs and regular preventative maintenance of equipment. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will also assist in coordinating outside vendors and contractors with repairs and communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Facilities Manager in prioritizing and scheduling maintenance items.
- Provide general maintenance as needed for the Family Center and Adult Center
- Maintaining all aspects of plumbing and electrical systems
- Maintaining in-house preventative maintenance program
- Working with different volunteer groups on facilities related projects
- Building, repairing or modifying items such as shelving, masonry, cabinets, and drawers
- Communicating any additional needs to the janitorial, landscaping, and other vendors
- Respond to written and verbal maintenance repair requests.
- Utilize and maintain a Monthly Maintenance Repair Log Book of all service activity
- Maintain a working inventory of maintenance & repair supplies
- Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Use catalogs, Internet and other resources to assist in locating supplies required for facility maintenance.
- Maintain all USHS vehicles in accordance with USHS vehicle policy including regular vehicle inspections and minor maintenance.
- Review all needed repairs and maintain current CHP and DMV related documents to USHS vehicles with Facilities Manager. Upon approval, schedule appointments for service or repairs. Provide written statements when appropriate or requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Must have good working knowledge and experience with general handyman tasks e.g., basic plumbing, basic electrical, painting skills, basic carpentry including ability to work with a saw and drill, dry wall, plaster, tile, mechanical, etc.
- Proficient with office communication equipment and office machines (telephone, copier, fax machine, personal computer).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, email and Internet research.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Possess knowledge of the business and residential streets of the Pasadena area, and be able to navigate a vehicle in the area with or without the assistance of a Thomas Brothers Map Guide.
- Minimum of 2 years in providing facility maintenance or equivalent experience.
- Must possess valid California Driver’s License and insurance.