JOB SUMMARY: The SPA 3 Housing Matcher facilitates linkage of eligible clients to applicable housing resources. The Housing Matcher acts as a liaison between CES housing navigators and permanent housing providers, landlords, and associated systems of care to support the application and lease-up process.
The SPA 3 Housing Matcher will provide oversight, review, and compile reports to ensure the accuracy and integrity of CES program outcomes. and client records – both in HMIS and physical charts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Housing Matcher will “match” using the Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) to prioritize individuals who are most appropriate for the centralized housing resources.
- Work closely with local permanent supportive housing providers as well as the Department of Mental Health and the Department of Health Services to ensure relevant housing pathway criteria are met.
- Track and manage the matching process both through HMIS and through internal CES tracking systems.
- Serve as SPA 3 representative in county-wide efforts to develop future data platform utilization that supports the matching process.
- Work with SPA 3 CES Coordinator if challenges arise with outside partner agencies that are tasked with providing primary housing navigation support.
- Develop systems to track, monitor, and improve the permanent housing placement time of outside partner agencies from participant entry to permanent housing placement.
- Oversee the coordination with other agency departments and outside entities to ensure staff access identified housing resources quickly and seamlessly.
- Ensure the accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for all necessary program reports.
- Track success rate and timelines from housing match to permanent housing placement.
- Review data reports prior to submission and work with appropriate staff/agencies to correct inaccuracies or data errors.
- Manage housing resource database.
- Function as the primary liaison between permanent supportive housing providers and SPA 3 housing navigators.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities
- Review SPA 3 CES charts and records in HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) on a monthly basis and upon exit to ensure compliance with agency guidelines.
- Integrate and apply changing guidelines as directed by LAHSA, United Way, or USHS as related to quality assurance policies and procedures. Communicate said changes to SPA 3 CES staff.
- Review and compile reports on a monthly basis related to quality assurance measures.
- Work with SPA 3 CES staff and their supervisors to make necessary QA related corrections in a timely manner.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field preferred.
- Experience completing or reviewing client service plans.
- Experience conducting audits of social service charts/documentation desired.
- Experience assisting low and very-low income individuals access affordable housing.
- Experience working with individuals who have experienced homelessness, mental health concerns, or substance use preferred.
- Experience with database development and management desired.