Sources offers unique benefits to employers like you:
As a community non-profit organization, we do not charge employers for placement services. You’ll find qualified, motivated workers at no charge.
We understand the importance of matching the right worker with the right job and employer. By getting to know your needs and company culture, we will send you candidates you want to hire, saving you time and money.
Motivated, dependable employees are an asset which we can provide. Each candidate we send you will have a clear understanding of how they positively affect your bottom line so they can be an asset to your business.
Because we continue to work with our candidates after placement, we are available to assist in minimizing and resolving challenges if they arise as our candidates settle into the job.
- We’d love to have a chance to meet you and talk with you more about how our program can work for you. We host informal lunch get-togethers to coincide with our Sources graduation programs. Come see our facilities and hear what our Candidates have to say about our program when they complete the two-week workshop program. Afterwards stay for lunch and have your questions answered by our staff.
- Our luncheons are scheduled from 11:45 a.m. on Friday each month, and we promise to let you go by 1:00 p.m. If you are interested, please call us at 626.240.4591 for more information or to make a reservation.
HIRING A SOURCES CANDIDATE IS SIMPLE:
- Call Sources at 626.240.4591 during business hours and ask to speak with a staff member.
- Explain what type of position you are looking to fill and give the staff the information they will need to find the right candidate. You can offer as much or as little information as you want.
- Sources will find the right candidate for your position, and put him or her in touch with you so that you can set up an interview.
Sources is Union Station’s three-phase program for our work-ready clients, and addresses the short-term need for employment as well as the long-term goal of career advancement. During the first phase of the program, Sources candidates receive two weeks of workshop instruction in subjects ranging from work motivation to job interviewing. During the second phase, candidates work individually with a career developer to produce a resume, follow up on job leads, and receive individual coaching on interview strategies. In phase three, Sources offers candidates continuing counseling with job retention and satisfaction issues, and assistance with other employment-related issues such as clearing criminal records, income tax issues and reinstatement of driving privileges.