Goldstar, the company that gets people out to live entertainment more often, has announced they’ll once again help put Thanksgiving dinner on the table for people in need through their 12th Annual Thanksgiving Appeal: http://www.goldstar.com/thanksgiving_appeal.
Starting Saturday, November 21, Goldstar members will be able to easily make a donation to a local organization on the Goldstar site and iOS and Android apps. The money raised from these donations will then go to local food banks, homeless shelters and organizations that help feed those in need this Thanksgiving in more than 35 U.S. cities coast to coast.
Confirmed organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Atlanta: Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Boston: Greater Boston Food Bank
- Chicago: Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Dallas/Fort Worth: North Texas Food Bank
- Denver: Food Bank of the Rockies
- Houston: Houston Food Bank
- Las Vegas: Three Square
- Los Angeles: Union Station Homeless Services
- Minneapolis/St. Paul: Second Harvest Heartland
- New Jersey/New York: Community FoodBank of New Jersey
- Orange County: Orange County Food Bank
- Philadelphia: Philabundance
- Phoenix: St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
- Portland: Oregon Food Bank
- Sacramento: Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
- San Diego: Feeding America San Diego
- San Francisco: Life Learning Academy
- San Jose: Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
- Seattle: Northwest Harvest
- Washington, D.C.: Capital Area Food Bank
- Various Cities Nationwide: Feeding America
Goldstar’s Annual Thanksgiving Appeal began in 2004 when the company was still pretty small. The founders discovered that people didn’t buy many tickets just before Thanksgiving, so they decided to use their resources (which at the time were email and the Goldstar website) to encourage people to support an organization that could help make Thanksgiving a little bit better for those who might not have much of a holiday at all.
“That first year we raised $2,160! Not exactly a king’s ransom,” says Goldstar CEO Jim McCarthy. “Goldstar has grown significantly since then. And, funnily enough, this time of year is now our busiest season. But, we’re not too big, nor are we too busy, to remember that it’s important to give back each year to those who need it most.” So the Thanksgiving Appeal tradition lives on.
Over the last few years, Goldstar members, along with Goldstar staff, have helped feed nearly 200,000 people annually! The company hopes to feed a lot more this year. Goldstar makes live entertainment a part of everyday life for more than six million people nationwide.
Whether on the site or in the app, it’s fast and easy to discover local live events — from theater and sports to concerts, comedy and more — with tickets typically at half price or better.
Patch Canada, Goldstar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-727-4439