The 50-bed Family Center is a safe, nurturing place for homeless parents and children to rebuild their lives and achieve self-sufficiency.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Safe shelter
- Nutritious meals
- Case management and referrals
- Medical and mental health services
- Substance abuse recovery support
- Employment search assistance through Sources Career Development Program
- Benefits advocacy
- Adult classes in parenting, nutrition, money management, and life skills
- Housing resources
- More than 125 homeless parents and children (in 40 families) live at the Family Center each year.
- The average length of stay is 90 days.
- The Family Center is one of the only family shelters in Los Angeles County that accepts single fathers with children and teenage boys.
- Families meet with a care coordinator at least weekly to address the issues that led to their homelessness.
- Families save 70% of their income towards future housing.
- Last year, 85% of families exiting our program moved on to stable housing.
If you would like to learn more about our Family Center, or one of Union Station’s other facilities, please call us at 626-240-4550.