FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions about Christmas at the Station
THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering with us on Christmas Day! All the information you need in order to volunteer with us can be found below. You may also call the Christmas at the Station info line at 626.240.4550 ext. 542.
HOW DO I REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER ON CHRISTMAS DAY?
- Online volunteer registration will open on December 1st at 9am for Christmas Day. It is a two-step process. Apply and then look for an email on how to secure a spot(s).
- All volunteers must submit a new application every year, separate from your regular volunteer account.
- Please make sure to write down your password, or click the “forgot password” link on the log-in page if you forget.
- Please note that only one application will be accepted per individual or group.
- Please note that ALL volunteer jobs have a minimum age requirement of 16 except for the following: Set Up Volunteer, Card Decorating, and Breakdown Volunteer. We appreciate your understanding!
- Due to the limited space for this event, the group maximum is 4.
- Registration is processed on a first-come-first-served basis and applying does not guarantee a spot.
- Within 24 hours of applying, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to log in and sign up for your or your group’s shift!
- The minimum age for positions in the kitchen is 16 years old.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A SHIFT?
- To sign up for a shift, log in and look for the “Help Wanted” bubbles, which will tell you which positions are still available. You may only sign up for one shift.
- You can create a group of up to 4 people; your group may only sign up for one position.
- You will be sent an email with everything you need to know about your shift approximately two weeks before the event. You can log into your account and see your shift confirmed on the “My Schedule”
- Registration will close once all the positions are filled; you will see no more “Help Wanted” bubbles on the calendar and will receive an email notification. If you were able to create an account, you are welcome to check back to see if any Help Wanted bubbles appear as people release spots.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL?
Please let us know at least two weeks before the event if you need to cancel your shift. Please email email@example.com to let us know you are canceling.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO HELP?
YES! There are two BIG ways that you can help:
- You can donate an item from our wish list of the items we need to help put on this event. Please consider donating some of the items on the list!
- You can make a cash donation to help feed people during the holidays and throughout the year. We are asking our volunteers and community members to partner with Union Station by donating a modest $10 or whatever you can afford to help underwrite the cost of the event and support our mission.
Happy Holidays and thank you for supporting your fellow community members in need during the holiday season!