Sources Career Development

825 E. Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91104
(626) 240-4591

Gaining meaningful employment is so much more than just getting a job. Sources works with job seekers to explore the world of opportunities and find a path leading to a rewarding career.

To learn more and get started with Sources, contact LaViva Primm, Director of Career Development.

Phone (626) 240-4591     Cell (626) 379-3278

Once you're in Sources...

For employment counseling, training and education planning and job search strategy contact Mayra Contreras, Vocational Counselor.

Phone (626) 240-4592     Cell (626) 200-5963

To get an effective resume, job leads, and connected to meaningful employment contact Edward Sharon, Job Developer.

Phone (626) 240-4593     Cell (626) 379-5268
Become a member of Sources Career Development by completing orientation and intake. Sources services are available to members throughout their careers.

Sources Flyer
  • Interactive Job Club Workshops
    Find a good job using the skills and experience you have today. Learn how to get a job quickly that can lead to a career.

    Job Club Workshop Calendar

  • Job Development and Career Counseling
    Take advantage of Sources job leads, resume and cover letter writing services, and job search assistance. Develop a customized plan to reach your goals.

  • Job Search Resources
    Use the computer room, phone, copier, fax, and scanner for your search with team support. Obtain assistance with transportation, clothing, shoes, uniforms, tools, short term training, and ID cards. 

  • Ongoing Support
    Sources services are available throughout your career. You cannot wear out your welcome at Sources!

Union Station Homeless Services is partnering with South Bay Workforce Investment Board to provide E-TSE services.

Enhanced Transitional Subsidized Employment (E-TSE) provides training and paid work experience with the support and resources of the Sources team. Depending on your goals and the opportunities available, you will be placed on a PWE or OJT assignment for 8-10 months.
  • Paid Work Experience (PWE)
    Accept a work assignment at a non-profit organization or government office for up to 10 months earning $10.50 per hour part time or full time.

  • On the Job Training (OJT)
    Work at a private business for up to 8 months part or full time: The first 4 months of the assignment you will earn $10.50 per hour. During the last half of the assignment you will earn competitive wages.
E-TSE services are available only to those enrolled through the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) CalWORKS program. If you are experiencing homelessness and receive CalWORKS, speak with your GAIN Services Worker about participating in the E-TSE program.

The goal of both PWE and OJT is to help you gain and keep a good job long-term. We can continue to provide services and support as needed throughout your career.


Matching Your Needs
We understand the importance of matching the right worker to your particular needs and company culture. By developing strategic relationships with job seekers and businesses, we can save you time, money and effort.

Free Recruiting Services
Sources provides professional recruiting services as a service to the business community. Each well-matched candidate we send you will have a clear understanding of how they can positively affect your bottom line so they can be an asset to your business.

Retention Services
Because we continue to work with our candidates after placement, we are available to assist in minimizing and resolving challenges if they arise as the new employee settles into the job.

Contact Sources to get involved and to get more information.


You have an opening and you’re willing to train the right person for the job. Sources can match you with qualified, highly-motivated trainees while South Bay Workforce Investment Board (South Bay WIB) pays the training wages for 8 to 10 months. Enhanced Transitional Subsidized Employment (E-TSE) is available to public agencies, non-profit organizations and private sector businesses.
  • For Public Agencies and Non-profit Organizations: Paid Work Experience (PWE) Trainees assigned to positions within organizations or government offices for up to 10 months will be paid $10.50 per hour part time or full time by South Bay WIB, the employer of record.  

  • For Private Businesses: On the Job Training (OJT) During the first 4 months of the assignment, the trainee is paid $10.50 per hour by South Bay WIB, the employer of record. After the fourth month, the business places the trainee on payroll and is reimbursed 60% of the wages paid at a competitive wage rate for the last half of the assignment.
Contact Sources to get involved and to get more information.

To get a job:

America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) is your easy one-stop access to the state’s employment-related services. Explore the resources through this Web portal or visit a local center. (877) US2-JOBS or (877) 872-5627) (voice)   (877) 889-5627 (TTY)

The CalJOBS system is California’s online resource to help job seekers and employers navigate the state’s workforce services. The enhanced system allows users to easily search for jobs, build résumés, access career resources, find qualified candidates for employment, and gather information on education and training programs.

The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) has a three-pronged mission to provide services and advocacy that assist people with disabilities to live independently, become employed and have equality in the communities in which they live and work. (916) 324-1313 or (800) 952-5544 (voice)     (844) 729-2800 (TTY)

For services:

211 Los Angeles County Resource line providing access to comprehensive social services and disaster support. Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for food, shelter, health, and legal. Dial 211

For money matters and financial services:

What Is a Credit Union? Learn the difference between credit unions and banks.

Credit Union Locator Locate a credit union near you.

Fraud Prevention Center Learn about common frauds and scams targeting consumers.

Find an Answer More than 300 answers to frequently asked questions on consumer protection and share insurance matters.

For employees:

Minimum Wage: Official notice answers frequently asked questions.

Know Your Rights: California Labor Commissioner’s Office assistance to recover your unpaid wages, report a labor violation or collect your award.

Frequently Asked Questions: Access information about employment status, hours of work, wages, deductions, and tips, and working conditions.

Wage Theft is a Crime. Wage theft occurs when employers do not pay workers according to the law. Examples of wage theft include paying less than minimum wage, not paying workers overtime, not allowing workers to take meal and rest breaks, or taking workers' tips.

Labor Commissioner’s District Offices:

Long Beach
300 Oceangate, Suite 302, Long Beach, CA 90802  (562) 590-5048

Los Angeles
320 W. Fourth Street, Suite 450, Los Angeles, CA 90013 (213) 620-6330

Ask a JAN Consultant. Job Accommodation Network (JAN) provides free consulting services for individuals with physical or intellectual limitations that affect employment. Services include one-on-one consultation about job accommodation ideas, requesting and negotiating accommodations, and rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related laws.

(800)526-7234 (Voice)  (877)781-9403 (TTY)
Connect Online: