Over forty years ago, a group of compassionate community members wanted to make a difference. Together, they founded Union Station Homeless Services. Today, volunteers continue to be essential to our life-saving work.
Whether you volunteer in our kitchens to prepare meals for our clients; at our facilities to provide a workshop, story time, or craft event; or in our offices to help with administrative work, you will be a valuable member of our family when you volunteer at Union Station Homeless Services.
Volunteer opportunities are varied, and we do our best to match volunteers with a position that suits their interests and skills.
Interested in volunteering? The Volunteer application and orientations will open up again in January 2017. Our orientations are filled for the rest of 2016. If you are interested in helping during the holidays at our Dinner in the Park event or with donations please read the instructions below.
To register as volunteer for Thanksgiving Dinner in the Park 2016, please follow these required steps:
THANKSGIVING DINNER IN THE PARK REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- On November 1st at 9am, visit our website and complete the required Dinner in the Park Volunteer Application.
- Check your email inbox / spam folder for instructions on how to secure a position in the park or in our kitchen.
- Check your email inbox for instructions the week before the event. You are welcome to check your account at any time to make sure you are scheduled.
Dinner in the Park VOLUNTEER FAQs:
- There is no orientation required prior to the Dinner in the Park event
- There is no age minimum to volunteer at the park. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to volunteer in our kitchen.
- Groups may take up to 10 volunteer spots only and all positions must be in the same assignment.
Other assistance needed during the holidays:
Please CLICK HERE for our Thanksgiving Dinner in the Park Wish List.
CLICK HERE for our Christmas at the Station Wish List.
CLICK HERE for our general Wish List.
Are you a member of a group that would like to help during the holidays? Here are some ways:
CLICK HERE for information on our Sack Lunch program.
CLICK HERE for information on our Welcome Home Kit program provided to our clients moving into permanent supportive housing.
CLICK HERE for information on How to Hold a Collection Drive.
Join the Adopt-a-Meal program!
CLICK HERE for information on the Adopt-a-Meal program at the Adult Center, and
CLICK HERE for information on the Adopt-a-Meal program at the Family Center.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please email email@example.com with any In Kind questions or to schedule a delivery date.
“Every time I serve dinner at the Adult Center, I relearn how much fun it is to work with my board colleagues, and how rewarding it is to meet and serve our clients.” – Vickie, Board Member & Union Station volunteer
WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Watch the video below to hear the staff talk about the amazing support our volunteers provide